Security Alarm Technician
We are looking for experienced technicians who can meet or exceed our customer’s requirements. Customer service is our number one priority, therefore the successful candidate must hold himself/herself to the highest principals of service to our client base.
· Installation and service of security systems, surveillance systems, access control systems and intercom systems in commercial and residential applications
· Verification of the functionality of a system by testing equipment, connections and signals.
· Troubleshooting and repairing service issues on these systems.
· To keep organized with regard to completing paperwork, including work orders, job material lists, time sheets etc…
· Communicating with office staff and customers
· Provide 24/7 after hours on-call service, on a rotating basis
At least 3 years direct experience relating to security systems, surveillance systems, access control systems in commercial and residential applications
· College degree in electronics or equivalent work experience
· Strong skills in networking and IP configuration
· Strong technical knowledge and ability to diagnose and repair system faults
· Strong computer skills
· Able to plan installations by surveying and evaluating location, identifying installation requirements and lay-out equipment/wiring plan
· Perform preventative maintenance
· Must be able to read specification documents and site plans
· Advise service manager on equipment required and time estimation for system repairs
· Excellent communication skills
· Strong writing skills with regard to work orders, documenting installations, service records and time sheets
· Must be able to effectively train customers on use of installed equipment.
· Excellent organizational skills with regard to paperwork and job management
· Valid driver’s license and good driving record
· Must be able to provide a clean police records check
· Must be able to adhere to all health and safety requirements
· Time management skills and ability to meet deadlines as set by employer and/or customer
· Willing to consistently update technical knowledge
· Must be willing to look after a company vehicle in accordance with standards set by All Protect
· Work well in a team environment
· Performance of any other duties which may be required
· Preference given to a technician who is registered as a fire alarm technician with CFAA
· Excellent hourly wage, commensurate with performance and experience
· Group benefit package
· Company vehicle for use during business hours
· Company cell phone for use during business hours
· Tuition reimbursement
Please apply, with resume, to employment @allprotect.ca.